Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Rollover Week 1 Lesson 1: Introduction to the course: overview of areas of study, outcomes and assessment; discussion of the nature of ‘revolution’.
Transcript of Rollover Week 1 Lesson 1: Introduction to the course: overview of areas of study, outcomes and assessment; discussion of the nature of ‘revolution’.
"Revolutions are the locomotives of history".
1. Working in pairs.
2. Who said it?
3. What does it mean?
4. We have 3 minutes.
5. Class discussion to follow.
Week 1 Lesson 2
Topic: Introduction to the course; understanding the concept of revolution
LI: To gain an overview of the subject, including Areas of Study, assessment, class and homework expectations, as well as a discussion of the nature of ‘revolution’.
SC: Students will be able to explain the requirements and expectations of this subject, as well as articulate what a ‘revolution’ is.
Activity: What is a 'revolution'?
1. Working in pairs, discuss what you think a 'revolution' is.
2. Write down a 1-3 line definition .
4. We have 5 minutes.
3. Class discussion to follow.
Video: What is a political revolution?
1. Working individually,
write down two things
you learnt from the video.
2. Class discussion to follow.
*** Go to Google, type in 'what is a political revolution; video from study.com
1. Utilise class time effectively:
> Settle down quickly
> Transitioning between activities/parts of a lesson
> Being on-task (especially regarding student learning time)
> Not everything can be covered in class
> Homework due every Monday (to be submitted on Compass)
> Do it properly
Going through the course guide
> We need routine and discipline
> You in Sep/Oct/Nov next year will thank you from Jan 2017 for it
> Week by week, lesson by lesson structure is crucial for establishing a logical study sequence
> Don't throw anything away. File it properly.