Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
20 facts of pop music
Transcript of 20 facts of pop music
1. is a genre of popular music which originated in its modern form in the 1950s
2.pop music is deriving from rock and roll
3.Early pop music drew on the sentimental ballad for its form
4. Pop music is music that is commercially recorded for a youthful audience and is much distinguishable from jazz and folk music. The word pop was first used in 1926 to refer to music with a popular appeal. It’s not clear who invented pop music.
5. Simon and Garfunkel ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ is the most popular song in 1970’s
6. Blondie ‘Call Me’ is the most popular song in 1980’s
7. Wilson Phillips ‘Hold On’ is popular in 1990’s
8. The term "pop song" is first recorded as being used in 1926, in the sense of a piece of music "having popular appeal".
9. The music videos for his songs, including those of "Beat It," "Billie Jean," and "Thriller," were credited with breaking down racial barriers and transforming the medium into an art form and promotional tool.
10. Some music critics, social commentators, and music industry insiders give indication that modern pop music is declining in quality
11. Pop music is often seen as oriented towards the singles charts it is not the sum of all chart music
12. Hatch and Millward indicate that many events in the history of recording in the 1920s can be seen as the birth of the modern pop music industry, including in country, blues and hillbilly music.
13. From about 1967 the term was increasingly used in opposition to the term rock music, a division that gave generic significance to both terms
14. pop music was came from united kingdom
15. Pop music has been dominated by the American and British music industries
16.The spread of Western-style pop music has been interpreted variously as representing processes of Americanization, homogenization, modernization, creative appropriation, cultural imperialism, and a more general process of globalization.
17.much pop music is intended to encourage dancing, or it uses dance-oriented beats or rhythms
18. Michael Jackson was the most popular in 1980's
19. different pop music Baroque pop, Bubblegum pop, Christian pop, Dance-pop, Europop, Operatic pop, Power pop, Soundtrack, Sophisti-pop, Synthpop, Space age pop, Sunshine pop, Traditional pop, Teen pop
20. Pop music is generally thought of as a genre which is commercially recorded and desires to have a mass audience appeal.