Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
FIRST AID Introduction
Transcript of FIRST AID Introduction
Preventive behavior is often sufficient to break the accident chain.
Write the accident chain for the following situation:
CLASS WORK no.1
The accident is the result or consequence of one or more risk factors.
The aftermath may take the form of personal injury, destruction of property, or both.
The risk factor
The risk factor may be, either an isolated unsafe act, or an unsafe habit.
e.g. leaving your books on the stairway as you go up to your room after school.
The situation is the circumstance or event leading up to an accident.
These are the steps:
The risk factor
All accidents include four steps:
Accidents involving fire, falls, and electrick shock cause more disabling injuries than any other kind.
THE ACCIDENT CHAIN
Although accidents seem to be random, there is an ACCIDENT CHAIN observed. An ACCIDENT CHAIN IS recurring pattern that is present in all mishaps.
In order for an accident to occur, four steps must be present:
What do you think these steps are?
Fire preventive devices
Fire safety action
Preventing electric shock
First aid i
s the immediate care
given to a person who has been
injured or has been suddenly
self-help and home care if
medical assistance is not available.
Preventing and caring for accidental injury or sudden illness.
Distinguishing between what to do and what not to do.
Urgent care and immediate attention
1. Effect a prompt rescue
2. ensure that the victim has an open airway and give mouth to mouth ot mouth to nose artificial respiration, if necessary.
3. Control severe bleeding
4. Give first aid for poisoning, or ingestion harmful chemicals.
FIRST AID PRIORITIES
An accident is an undesirable incidental and unplanned event that could have been prevented
ACCIDENTS RESULT FROM...
CARELESSNESS -- NEGLIGENCE--LAZINESS--IGNORANCE