Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Persuasive Writing
Persuasion is Everywhere
Characteristics of Persuasive Writing
1. has a clear position
2. has more than one argument to support a position.
3. is elaborated by using reasons,\specific details, examples, anecdotes, facts, and/or statistics as evidence to support arguments.
4. anticipates and refutes the opposing position.
5. shows commitment to position by writing in a voice appropriate for audience and purpose.
6. uses persuasive strategies that urge or compel the reader to support a position
Everyday interactions with friends and family
Emails, reports and memos
Monday, April 28, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
Persuasion can be used to...
The way the ideas, facts and strategies are organized in your paper
The structure depends on the ideas and your knowledge of your audience.
The writer takes a position for or against something and tries to convince the reader to do something or believe their claim.
Support a Cause
Urge People to Action
Make a Change
Prove something wrong
Stir Up Sympathy
Get people to agree with you