Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Figurative Language
compare two things using like or as
compare two things without using like or as
giving human qualities to a non-human object
repetition of the same beginning consonant sound or letter
words that make sounds
true but sounds
gives an object human qualities
repetition of consonants
at the start of a word
a phrase that cannot be understood in
the meaning of its separate words.
the use of words that make sounds
The leaf was as brown as butter.
The hungry hippo ate happily.
My husband is a rock
The girl was so hungry she
ate a million sandwiches.
The m0on danced across the night sky
Boom! Crash! Pow!
You are barking up the wrong tree.
Compares two things using like or as
Compares two things without using like or as
Figurative Language Rap