Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of bII6
Leonardo Leo Cello Concerto no.6
Alessandro Scarlatti Sento nel core
Bach: St.Matthew Passion, 'Erbarme dich'
Mozart: Fantasia in D minor
Beethoven: 'Moonlight' Sonata opening
smooth exit via viio7 of V
bII chord - points to remember:
(example: key of C, same chord C+ or C- so Db F Ab)
- it's a major triad built on flattened 2nd scale degree ('Phrygian'2nd)
- don't double the root: same problem as doubled L.N.
- don't double the 5th (the Ab wants to fall to G)
- it's a ii6, the common substitute for IV, so: double it!
(that is, double the subdominant to emphasize its 'IV' nature;
or in other words, DOUBLE THE 3RD.)
- the Db ALWAYS falls -
either through the o3 skip to B
or the 'softened' (more usual) way, passing through the C first
by means of a cadential 6/4 or viio7 of V)
'parallel descending triads'
B = L.N. of C; G# = L.N. of A-
V4/2 OF bII6 (i.e. Bb major)
*notice the enharmonic equivalence here and store it away for future reference: V7 of bII = x6 (F to D# = x6 interval)
Hello - Lionel Ritchie
Hello - Glee version
song starts here
listen for 'ra-doh-ti-doh rather than 're-doh-ti-doh'
Bach: 2-part invention #13
Czerny: Symphony #1 in C minor (4th movement)
Mozart: 'Queen of the Night' aria from 'The Magic Flute'
bII6 - o7/V - V
Ab = V4/2 of Eb major (which is bII of home key of D minor)...AND...it's the enharmonic EQUIVALENT of G#.
G# = viio7 of V in D minor
Diana Damrau: 'Queen of the Night' aria from Mozart's 'The Magic Flute'
Ayla Erduran b.1934
Delphine Galou/Les Siecles