Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Somebody Wanted But So
Transcript of Somebody Wanted But So
A Quick Way to Summarize
A summary is a
of a book, a story, an article, or other work of fiction or nonfiction, in a
What does it mean to summarize?
To summarize is to
put in your own words
of written or spoken material, stating the
main points and leaving out everything that is not essential.
Summarizing is more than retelling; it
involves analyzing information, distinguishing important from unimportant elements and translating large chunks of information into a few short cohesive sentences
. Fiction and nonfiction texts, media, conversations, meetings, and events can all be summarized. (teachervision.com)
A Quick and Effective Way to Summarize
This is the goal. What the character wanted to accomplish.
The problem or Conflict
This prevents the character from reaching their goal
Solution to the problem
In a short story this is usually the main character
This is the conclusion - how is the story left.