Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ghana
BY: Michael Dedonato
population of Ghana-
25,366,462 of 2012
map of Ghana
1. The Greenwich meridian goes through Ghana; the equator misses Ghana by about 380 miles.
2. The name Ghana means warrior king and harks back to the days of the Ghana Empire between the 9th and 13th centuries.
3. The Ghana Empire was built on trade in salt and gold, which is why British merchants later called it the Gold Coast.
4. The only country that produces more cocoa beans than Ghana is the Ivory Coast.
The Ghana Empire was built on trade in salt and gold, which is why British merchants later called it the Gold Coast
5. The currency unit in Ghana is called the cedi. There are 100 pesewas in a cedi.
6. The word ‘cedi’ comes from a local word meaning a cowry chell. Cowry shells (from sea snails) were once used as money in Ghana.
7. In 1991, Ferdi Ato Aboboe of Ghana set a world record by running 100 metres backwards in 13.6 seconds.
9. Ghana has never won an Olympic gold medal but has three silvers and a bronze.