Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Media Addiction
Five(5)Symptoms of #MediaAddiction
A question from Klout - do you believe social media is addictive?
Some doctors are identifying psychological disorders such as: internet overuse, video game addiction and pathological social media use.
Are you addicted?
Media can addict us or augment our
life. It can bless or harm...Which will it be?
Smartphones > toilets
3 million blogs + this month
15 mins. + cat videos = bad juju
2x smartphone users // cigarette users
20% of couples meet online
What Does Scripture have to Say?
Scripture does NOT speak directly to media usage...
...but it does have something to say about:
+idolatry (Ex. 20:3-6)
+doing honorable things (Phil. 4:8)
+using our eyes (Ps. 101:3-4; Luke 11:34)
+testing everything (1 Thess. 5:21-22)
+temptation (Mark 9:43-47)
+lawful v. profitable (1 Cor. 6:12-13)
+love, self-discipline (2 Tim. 1:7)
+things that pass away (1 John 2:15-17)
So, Are You Addicted?
Five Symptoms of #MediaAddiction:
1. You couldn't go a day without using media without feeling adverse physical effects
2. You get flustered and frustrated by lack of interaction with posts, messages, videos etc.
3. You can't separate your "interpersonal" life from your "online" life
4. You find your worth is more wrapped up in social media than in real world interactions
5. Your use of media snowballs into other sins
How Media Can Augment Your Life
Rejoicing w/ others
Be TOGETHER...really (p.o.p.)
Could YOU take a break?
FB: What's on your mind? Me: Honestly...
Love other people
Post stuff w/ substance
@kchitwood | #LLdeloved
Preface: you don't need media to sin, but...
Idolatry and the internet
Sabbath and social media
Coveting thy neighbor's...
Is it honorable? Profitable? A temptation? Eternal? Of most importance? Test it!
The Good News
Created & Redeemed for...