Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Mechanical Energy
The pendulums on a clock
Newton's cradle toy
Throwing a baseball Properties 3 Forms: WHAT IN THE WORLD IS MECHANICAL ENERGY? Pros & Cons Resources http://www.ehow.com/info_8417546_use-pendulums-real-world.html
http://www.whatismechanicalenergy.com http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=LkL_vJo33qOUaM&tbnid=ZtN_tk1dKkN_eM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.physicsclassroom.com%2FClass%2Fenergy%2Fu5l2bb.cfm&ei=--1IUdn1K4i30gH-uYGADg&bvm=bv.44011176,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNH1gsW0t0FzsRvYm3Gsvn6OWlRjTQ&ust=1363820385774722 Kaitlyn Kelly HOW? Gabe Demonstration Zach Examples Pros:
- Easy to calculate
-Good for environment Cons:
-Need an energy
to be put to use for the
mechanical energy to work http://www.tribunetalk.com/wpcontent/uploads/2011/07/baseball_and_glove.jpg Example Kelly http://jonesandaaron.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/running-water.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Old_Pendulum_clock.jpg http://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/var/sciencelearn/storage/images/science-stories/harnessing-the-sun/sci-media/images/potential-and-kinetic-energy/255523-1-eng-NZ/Potential-and-kinetic-energy.jpg Example and Activity - Elastic energy
- Potential Energy
- Kinetic Energy Water moving down a river The pendulums on a clock Newton's Cradle Mechanical energy is the energy that is possessed by an object due to its motion or due to its position. Mechanical Energy By: Kaitlyn Pigeon, Zachary Kelberman, Gabe Iula, and Kelly Wild Wrecking Ball Kaitlyn & Zach Questions? http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/newtons-cradle-1.jpg Kelly Kelly Gabe and Zach Demonstrating, Kelly and Kaitlyn Explaining Kelly http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/what-are-the-types-of-energy.html 2:28 http://carolyncooper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/148825789_74deeeca36.jpg How? When are you using mechanical energy? http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fsG4C3Rqn4A/T30uxOiADbI/AAAAAAAAAVA/I60VQ-u5bfU/s1600/Notebooks.png Kelly http://jcdhe.jocogov.org/files/images/resources%5B1%5D.jpg Elastic Energy Potential & Kinetic Energy Kaitlyn ME= PE+KE Zach