Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Reawakening the Learner
Don't Ever Stop LLCon 19 January 2013
Transcript of Reawakening the Learner
Proficiency for ALL Common
Moral Purpose Readiness for
Change Trust-to-Doubt Learner-centric
Collective Efficacy Assessing Evaluating Planning Learning Reawakening the Learner: Learner Improvement Cycle of Essential Learnings Culture for
Change Imagine the Future Classroom Collective Efficacy Assessing Planning Evaluating Learning A Vision of K-12
for the 21st Century Changing Dynamics Trust Change- Is it a first or second order change for you? (Marzano, Waters, McNulty, 2005)
1st order change- Next natural thing
Have the skills and knowledge to do it
2nd order change- "Dramatic departure from the expected both in defining the process and creating the solution"
Have to develop the skills and knowledge Bridges' (2003) Change Process
for Continuously Improving
New Beginning Kotter's (1996) Process to Create Major Change
1) Sense of urgency
2) Guiding coalition
3) Vision and strategy
4) Communicating the change
5) Empowering broad-based action
6) Generating short-term wins
7) Consolidate and produce more change
8) Anchoring new approaches in the culture