Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Dominic Strawn
L and L
Latitude comes first when doing coordinates.
Latitude lines are east and west,
horizontal, or side to side.
Longitude comes second
when doing coordinates.
Longitude lines are north and south, vertical, or up and down.
Los Angles: 35 Degrees North, 110 Degrees West
Lagos: 8 Degrees North, 2 Degrees East
1. What comes first when doing a coordinate map?
2. What comes second when doing a coordinate map?
3. What lines are vertical?
4. What lines are horizontal?
5. Which way do longitude lines go?
6. Which way do latitude lines go?
horizontal or east to west
North and South
East and West
Is the line that goes vertical through the middle of the map (y axis)
The line that goes horizontal through the middle of the map (x axis)
The Gambia 13 Degrees North, 16 Degrees West
Sierra Leone 8 Degrees North, 11 Degrees West