Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ireland in the Twentieth Century Quiz
Transcript of Ireland in the Twentieth Century Quiz
1) In 1900 Ireland was ruled directly from Westminster in Britain. This had been the case since the .........................
Name the two types of party in Ireland at the time.
What did a Unionist want?
What did a Nationalist want?
Who led the Sinn Fein party in 1905?
Why did Unionists oppose Home Rule?
Recap Ireland in the early twentieth century.
Locate the revision notes on Sharepoint
Take 10 minutes to read through the material
You can do it individually or communicate to the group a strategy for revising.
2) Lord Lieutenant or Viceroy represented the...................
Chief Secretary represented the...........
What was a constitutional nationalist?
Who led the Home Rule Party?
What was Home Rule?
Griffith believed in parliamentary abstention, what was it?
Who led the Unionist party?
Briefly describe the Home Rule Crisis 1912-1914. Mention the Parliament Act.
Describe the different forms of Unionist opposition to Home Rule
Name the two groups which represented military resistance at this time.
What happened to the Irish Volunteers when WW1 broke out?
Who organised the 1916 Rising?
How did the plans for the rising go wrong?
What were the results of the Rising?
What were Sinn Fein's aims after the 1919 general election?
Who replaced Griffith as leader of the Sinn Fein party?
What two things did nationalists do between 1919-1921 to achieve independence?
What happened on the first day the Dail met in Dublin on 21 January 1919.
What did the Irish Volunteers change their name to at this time?
What tactics did they use against the British in the War of Independence? What were flying columns?
How did the British respond? What were the Black and Tans and the Auxilaries?
Name and describe a major incident in the War of Independence.
Why did both sides reach a truce in the War of Independence?
Name the treaty that was signed after the War of Independence.