Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Charles Krauthammer
“The amazing thing is there was not even a cut on my head. It just hit at precisely the angle where all the force was transmitted to one spot … the cervical vertebrae which severed the spinal cord.”
Hospitalized for 14 months
Weekly column (Friday)
Primary topic: Politics
Always making an argument
"Does the commander in chief know his own objective?"
Questions that invite you to think
Shamed into War?
"...Or more accurately, shamed into action.
Which is the worst possible reason
A president doesn’t commit soldiers to a war for which he has zero enthusiasm. Nor does one go to war for demonstration purposes."
Chief Resident in psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Identified a form of mania (medical disorder)
- Co-authored the path finding study on the epidemiology of mania
Became a columnist for the Washington Post
Also on occasion:
- A panalist for PBS weekly
- An analyst/commentator on Fox News
McGill University - honors degree in political science
Balloil College (Oxford) - common wealth scholar politics
Harvard Medical school
Unless he's serious, vote no
Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff: “I can’t answer that, what we’re seeking.”
We have a problem. The president proposes attacking Syria, and his top military officer cannot tell you the objective. Does the commander in chief know his own objective? Why, yes. “A shot across the bow,” explained Barack Obama.
Now, a shot across the bow is a warning. Its purpose is to say: Cease and desist, or the next shot will sink you. But Obama has already told the world — and Bashar al-Assad in particular — that there will be no next shot.
Extremely intelligent and well rounded
Persuasive writing - opinion column
Political: Conservative - but does support several liberal ideals on certain domestic issues
"independent and hard to peg politically. It's a very tough column. You never know what is going to happen next."