Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Variable, Testable Question, & Hypothesis
Transcript of Variable, Testable Question, & Hypothesis
Variables, Testable Questions & Hypothesis
What are variables?
In science, variables are anything that
changes in an experiment.
Try it with your paper airplanes!
Get in groups of 3.
Engineer your own paper airplane.
In Groups, come up and try to hit the
Who had the "best" paper airplane?
Why was it considered the best?
Write down all the variables, or things that
changed between you and your group
HOW DOES (INDEPENDENT) AFFECT (DEPENDENT)?
FORMAT of a Testable Question:
once you know if your variable is independent or dependent you can write your testable question.
How do testable questions and regular questions differ?
HIGHLIGHT any variables you changed.
Circle variables that changed on their own.
Variables YOU CHANGE are called
Variables YOU MEASURE are called
HYPOTHESIS IS ALWAYS A STATEMENT!
Hypothesis Format: Once you know your
testable question, you can make an educated
If (INDEPENDENT) __________,
then (DEPENDENT) will ______________.