Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Star Network
This is the connection of a group of computers which are linked by wires/microwaves relay for the purpose of transmitting data.
Presented By:Christine Tse 13D
Renee Duhaney 13B
Network Topology is the structural design of the inter-connections of components of a network.
Types of Topologies
This is the connection of peripheral nodes (computers) with cable segments to a central host computer known as hub/server/switch.
How is data transmited?
The hub receives a signal and regenerates that signal to retransmit the signal down each cable segment to all computers within the network.Also, only the computer the signal is addressed to acts on the data.
Each node is independent of the others
Easy to isolate faults
Data does not collide
It is expensive to install
If hub fails, the entire network goes down
This is the physical layout of the way in which computers and other units (nodes) are connected by cables and other resources. It also includes the manner in which the components communicate.