Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of REFLEXIVE MODERNIZATION
And Beck, reflexive modernization, has been one of the leading exponents. 3 Parts of Reflexive Modernization The first part describes the idea of reflexive modernization as espoused by Beck and suggests some broad areas where the theory may illuminate activities in the social economy.
The second part describes the idea of the social economy and examines some specific examples.
The third section looks at some ways they can be viewed through the theoretical lens of reflexive modernization and offers some critical thoughts. Test Criteria for the Presence of Reflexive Modernization An operational definition of reflexive modernization is that the boundaries between social spheres are multiplied. This is also true for the boundaries between society and nature, between knowledge and superstition, between life and death and between Us and the Others. Each of these boundaries becomes pluralized. And this entails three things:
1. Boundaries cease to be given and instead become choices. Drawing boundaries becomes optional.
2. Simultaneous with that, there is a multiplication of the plausible ways in which boundaries can be drawn, as well as the ways in which they can be brought into doubt; and
3. The existence of multiple boundaries changes not only the collectivity defined by them but the nature of boundaries themselves. What is this some critical thoughts. Radicalized Modernization
Questioning the Cognitive Basis of First Modern Society
Dissolving Fundamental Distinctions
Test Criteria for the Presence of Reflexive Modernization
The Consequences for Subjectivity: The Birth of the Quasi-subject
Periodization as a Heuristic Device Periodization as a Heuristic Device He says that, Against this background, it is possible to clarify the distinction between first modern and second modern society. and it, The purpose of distinguishing between first and second modern society is methodological and pragmatic.