Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Theme
Transcript of Copy of Theme
What is this text really about?
Abstract noun + Author Opinion =
An abstract nouns is anything you can
think of, but not touch
(Use an abstract noun)
Theme asks us to identify:
Being different is better than conforming.
Use the abstract noun and write
a sentence saying what you think the
author is trying to tell his/her readers
about that idea.
Good will conquer evil.
Conservation is important.
What if I'm having a hard time
figuring out what the text is about?
1. What a character learns/discovers
2. Conflict in the story
good and evil
1. Pick a movie or book or a story.
2. Write down 3 abstract nouns that
describe what it's about.
3. Write a values statement for each--what is the
author saying to us as readers about that idea?
4. Pick your best one and share with the class.
You've picked out a theme.