Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Theme
Transcript of Copy of Theme
What is this text really about?
Abstract noun + Author Opinion =
An abstract nouns is anything you can
think of, but not touch
(Use an abstract noun)
Theme asks us to identify:
Being different is better than conforming.
Use the abstract noun and write
a sentence saying what you think the
author is trying to tell his/her readers
about that idea.
Good will conquer evil.
Conservation is important.
What if I'm having a hard time
figuring out what the text is about?
1. What a character learns/discovers
2. Conflict in the story
good and evil
1. Pick a movie or book or a story.
2. Write down 3 abstract nouns that
describe what it's about.
3. Write a values statement for each--what is the
author saying to us as readers about that idea?
4. Pick your best one and share with the class.
You've picked out a theme.