Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Arbonne
(benzene, mineral oil, petrolatum, phthalates, toluene)
Petroleum Based Ingredients
Pure, Safe, Beneficial
Strong Belief in
Turn to Page 10 in Your Arbonne Canada Catalogue
Arbonne Products are Formulated Without:
- animal products/by-products
- formaldehyde-donating preservatives
- petroleum-based ingredients (benzene, mineral oil, petrolatum, phthalates, toluene, petroleum jelly)
- synthetic dyes
- artificial colours/flavours/sweeteners
- saturated/trans fats
- the most widely used preservative in cosmetics - an estimated 75-90% of cosmetics contain parabens- can mimic estrogen
- have been detected in human breast cancer tissues
- may interfere with male reproductive functions
- applied on the skin they react with UVB leading to increased skin aging
(methylparaben, butylparaben, and propylparaben)
- manufacturers use petrolatum because it is cheap- mineral oil is a by-product of the distillation of gasoline from crude oil, the same material gasoline is made from- it's less expensive for manufacturers to purchase these by-products as a filler than it is for the industry to dispose of it, therefore, it is used in many personal care products (info from justnaturalskincare.com)- concern because oils on the body trap moisture in and do not allow the skin to breathe, clogging pores- phthalates are added to many cosmetics and personal care products (scented lotion, shampoo, perfume, after shave, nail polish, and hairspray)- phthalates are a particular concern (linked to cancer and changes in male reproductive/hormone development, especially in utero)
No Artificial Colours/Flavours/Sweeteners
A Little Video Clip . . .
The Arbonne Advantage
- RE9Advanced (pp. 14-23)
- Revelage (pp. 24-25)
- FC5 Face (pp. 26-28)
- Calm (pp. 30-31)
- Clear Advantage (p. 30)
- FC5 Body (p. 37)
-Arbonne Baby Care (p. 39)
- Shea Butter (p. 40)
- Pure Mint (p. 43)
- Aromassentials (pp. 44-45)
- Seasource (pp. 46-49)
- Pure Vibrance (pp. 52-53)
- Assorted Hair (p. 54)
- Before Sun (p. 55)
- Cosmetics (pp. 58-63)
- Fragrance (pp. 66-67)
- Health & Wellness (pp. 70-79)
Become a Part of Arbonne (4 Options)
2) Preferred Client
3) Independent Consultant
Thank-you for Being Here!
DID YOU KNOW? Many cosmetics, lotions and shampoos contain dangerous chemicals, including phthalates (phthalates can cause hormonal disruptions), parabens (a preservative found in many personal care products; comes from crude oil - not good for you!), artificial fragrances (which are basically a mixture of chemicals) and other harmful carcinogens (from Healthy Child Healthy World by Christopher Gavigan, pp. 20 & 102) 100% of women have phthalates in their bodies likely due to cosmetic use (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2005)The average person's daily grooming routine puts them into contact with at least 126 chemicals! This is because synthetic chemicals are pumped into personal care items for preservation, colour, fragrance and to create suds. Most of these chemicals are not tested for their long term effects because each bottle contains a small enough amount . . . Add it all up over your lifetime . . .(Gavigan, p. 106) 1,100+ chemical ingredients have been banned from cosmetics in the European Union . . . Only 9 ingredients have been banned in the U.S. (from Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry by Stacy Malkan)Only 11% of the 10,000+ ingredients found in cosmetics and personal care products have been assessed for health and safety (Environmental Working Group, 2004)Your skin absorbs "up to 60 percent of what's put on it - and many of these chemicals enter the bloodstream directly" (Gavigan,p. 102)
Again, thank-you for being here! Let's try some testers/samples, peruse the catalogue and be sure to ask me any questions!
"HEALTH EFFECTS: Male Reproductive Damage Tops ConcernsPhthalates are hormone-disrupting chemicals that threaten reproductive health, especially in males. In 2004, a scientist at University of Rochester found that baby boys whose mothers were exposed to high levels of phthalates during pregnancy were more likely to have altered genital development . . . [Phthalates] act by reducing levels of testosterone and important growth factors in young males. In adult males, phthalate exposure has been linked to lower sperm counts, reduced sperm motility, and damaged sperm. Other potential effects include reduced female fertility and premature breast development in young girls, liver and kidney damage and asthma. EPA classifies the phthalate DEHP as a probable human carcinogen." (from; cleanandhealthyme.org)