Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Video Game Developer
Transcript of Video Game Developer
Video game developers are involved in the complex process of creating entertaining and interactive video games. This includes developing a story, designing the layout, writing the computer code, optimizing the artificial intelligence, and creating music, graphics, and 3D animation sequences.
Video game developers generally earn somewhere between $35,000 and $100,000 a year, though freelancers may earn less. On the other hand, experienced and highly skilled developers can earn more than $100,000 a year.
Video Game Developer
Programmers write the computer code that controls game play.
Graphic artists design characters, backgrounds, and other elements of a game’s look.
Musicians and sound designers create music and sound effects.
Writers develop plots, text, and dialogue.
Producers and managers oversee the work.
Video Game Developer/Semester Exam
You usually need experience in computer programming for one of these senior positions, including experience writing code for computer applications. You must also have a good knowledge of video game programming in particular. A bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or a related field is a good idea.
Related College Programs:
Game and Interactive Media Design
Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics and Special Effects
Computer Programming/Programmer, General
Work well as part of a team
Knowledge of current video games
An understanding of popular culture, entertainment, and technology
Marketing and business skills are helpful
A video game developer is a software developer that specializes in video game development – the process and related disciplines of creating video games. A game developer can range from a single person who undertakes all tasks to a large business with employee responsibilities split between individual disciplines, such as programming, design, art, testing, etc. Most game developer companies have video game publisher financial and usually marketing support. Self-funded developers are known as independent or indie developers and usually make indie games.
By Talon McNeese, Career Portals , Mr Herndon
Dress For Success
1. This year I was on the eighth grade football team. I was starting center on the line. We practiced hard all season and we were starting to get closer to our first game. We met our first opponent, Sanger, and we kicked the crap out of all of their players, then we won every other game and hen came to our last game, which we won, and that is how we won district football.
Prezi Picture Insert
Man filling out job application.