Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
P380 L01 Prehistoric Diet and Nutrition
Transcript of P380 L01 Prehistoric Diet and Nutrition
"Tell me what you eat
and I'll tell you what you are."
21st century lifestyle
in Paleo bodies
"Diseases of civilization"
"Now, adding some fiber
to the things you love
is easy and convenient."
~ 5 years
4th year of franchise
100 million sold
Who has NOT eaten an
Who knows they ate
a "columbian mix" of food
for dinner last night?
non-farmed "wild" foods
first stone tools
meat & marrow
Are we what we ate?
take a snapshot of your meal tonight
upload the picture into the P380 Dropbox on Oncourse by Wednesday afternoon
What would be a
non GMO, non additives
uncultivated / wild, hunted vs bred
high fructose corn syrup 1967
origins of food sharing?
P380 Class goals:
Bio-cultural factors influencing dietary choices
Interpreting prehistoric evidence, using case studies
Class participation assignment:
fast food lifestyle in foragers' bodies
your name & major
any previous classes on food or prehistory?
or other interests in the class?