Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Atmosphere
Ozone is formed when UV light interacts with oxygen.
It is considered a "global sunscreen" because it "filters" out harmful UV radiation. The stratosphere
is the next layer. Notice the temperature. In the stratosphere, the temperature increases. The earth is surrounded by a thin blanket of gases that can be divided into several spherical layers.
The figure on the right illustrates these layers from the bottom to the top. The top two layers are the thermosphere and mesosphere. Air currents, water vapor, wind and the concentration of gases in this layer control the weather and climate that we feel on earth. Notice what happens to temperature in this layer. The temperature is warmer near the earth and cooler near the top.