Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Beyond Bitcoin: Building a People's Internet
Transcript of Beyond Bitcoin: Building a People's Internet
Internet under threat (I)
Building the People's Internet
Internet under threat (II)
Kate Milberry, PhD
University of Albera
...using the law
...using extra-legal means
(CSEC, CBSA, ???)
RWB "Enemies of the Internet"
London Riots/ 2011
USA PATRIOT Act, FISA courts...
“A situational politics based on local knowledge & action."
Disrupt social life and practices as to threaten moral and political values
Code is law
Code is politics by other means
Rewrite the web. Reinvent the internet
A People's Web
blueprint for authentic democracy
user built & operated
alt encrypted email
alt name domain system
alt ... anything?
Implications for RL?
free software movement: