Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Beyond Bitcoin: Building a People's Internet
Transcript of Beyond Bitcoin: Building a People's Internet
Internet under threat (I)
Building the People's Internet
Internet under threat (II)
Kate Milberry, PhD
University of Albera
...using the law
...using extra-legal means
(CSEC, CBSA, ???)
RWB "Enemies of the Internet"
London Riots/ 2011
USA PATRIOT Act, FISA courts...
“A situational politics based on local knowledge & action."
Disrupt social life and practices as to threaten moral and political values
Code is law
Code is politics by other means
Rewrite the web. Reinvent the internet
A People's Web
blueprint for authentic democracy
user built & operated
alt encrypted email
alt name domain system
alt ... anything?
Implications for RL?
free software movement: