Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Psychology 18.3
A few things to know!
Separation of certain personality components or mental processes from conscious thought
So into a book/movie that you don't hear your name called
**Becomes a psych disorder if used to avoid situaions
Types of Dissociative disorders
Sudden Loss of Memory
Usually follows a stressful / traumatic event
Memory can return as quickly as it left
Forgetting information + suddenly relocating from home or work and taking on a new identity.
Truly believe they are another person
Dissociative Identity Disorder
Sometimes called multiple personality disorder
Existence of two or more personalities within a single individual
Could be voice, facial expressions, self identity
Often severely abused during childhood
Feelings of detachment from one's mental process or body.
Feel like they are outside their body looking in.
Explaining Dissociative Disorders
Repress unacceptable urges and feelings
Learn not to think of painful events to avoid pain
No complete explanation