Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is Social Science?
Transcript of What is Social Science?
studies human beings as a species and as members of different cultures.
explores humanity through mental processes and behaviour. For the most part, the focus is placed on the individual.
studies human beings in groups. Sociologists study how individuals respond within groups and how groups can influence our thoughts, feelings and actions.
compares humans to other species and how humans have developed biologically.
- Paleoanthropology, Forensic Anthropology, Primatology, Archaeology, Human Variation
attempts to understand how cultures exist, survive and thrive.
– Ethnology, Linguistic Anthropology
Psychodynamic, Behaviourism, Humanism, Cognitive, Developmental
Structural Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism
Social Science (Soc Sci)- Explores human societies and social relationships through the use of science. Studies people as individuals, and as members of groups and communities.
Soc Sci is often broken down into 3 categories…