Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Pacific Ocean
Pacific Ocean The Pacific Ocean is located between Americas to the west
of the Asian and Australian continents. Three abiotic factors of the Pacific Ocean Location Threats * Precipitation affects the quantity of salt in the
Pacific Ocean! *Pollution because it can smother marine life. Things you need to enjoy this trip Clothes
*Shells Native Plants *Killer Algae
*Sea grass Meadows
* Anemone Native Animals *Killer Whale
* Tiger Shark Adaptions for the Native Plants Adaptions for the Killer Whale * Adaptions that the Killer Whale needs to live in the Pacific are echolocation to tell which objects are around them.
* weight and force to capture its pray
* Strong fins to move.
* Blow Hole on the back of the whale to breath * Overfishing because it can kill fish and impact other species in the Pacific Ocean. Temperature The average temperature
is around 70F. Adaptations for Lion Fish * Food to live and produce energy.
*Venom Glands that helps fight predators. Why the Pacific Ocean is important Endangered Species *Steel head Fish
*Bomeo Shark The Pacific Ocean is so important because it provides a home for underwater animals, it is used for transportation, it provides jobs, and it is important for climate and weather. Adaptations for a Dolphins * learning to use his long nose to defend itself from sharks.
*Blubber (fat) to stay warm in cold weather.
* Strong fins to swim.
* small(baby) teeth to catch fish. Adaptations for Tiger Sharks *Large and pointy teeth to catch prey.
*A large and powerful jaw to ingest large objects.
*Receptor that is on their side that helps them scene a change in movement, sound, and pressure. Average Rainfall The average rainfall of the Pacific Ocean is 115inches Resources *http://www.kids-world-travel-guide.com/pacific-ocean
*Keranakisocean.com/pacificocean/.htm Killer Algae
___________ Sea grass meadows
_________ * A large Range
and can grow
centimeters a day. Impacts of Possible climate change * Ocean Warming
*Rise in sea level
*Coastal flooding Competition *Food
*Mate Points of Interest * The Pacific Ocean was apart of the Lewis and Clark trail.
* The Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean on earth.
* 75% of earths volcanoes are located in the Pacific Ocean basin. Biomes that are near this biome Activities * the Atacama Desert
* the Olympic Rain Forest * sailing
*site seeing * Small stinging
cells to attack prey. * salt water and grow completely
under water. By: Grace Wright