Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Project report “EarthQuake”
Transcript of Project report “EarthQuake”
WED, 10 JUNE , 2015
Section - 05
HOW WE CAN BUILD AN EARTHQUAKE-
PROOF BUILDING ?
The report represents the extensive study that has been undertaken as the part of study under the course “ENV102” World Geography’. The project report is about “Earthquake”. An earthquake is the perceptible shaking of the surface of the Earth, which can be violent enough to destroy major buildings and kill thousands of people. In its most general sense, the word earthquake is used to describe any seismic event whether natural or caused by humans that generates seismic waves. Bangladesh is one of the riskiest country for earthquakes in the world. We are creating the poster so that we can aware people through this about the up coming earthquake on the natural disaster and they can prepare themselves for such kind of situation.
INTRODUCTION TO EARTHQUAKE:
Firstly, they can be linked to explosive volcanic eruptions;
they are in that are in fact very common in areas of
volcanic activity where they either accede or accompany
They can be triggered by tectonic activity associated with
plate margins and faults. The majority of earthquakes
world wide are of this type.
They can also be caused by landsides nucleons fasting or
RISK OF EARTHQUAKE IN BANGLADESH:
An earthquake is the perceptible shaking of the surface of the Earth,
which can be violent enough to destroy major buildings and kill
thousands of people. Earthquake also known as seismic, temblor.
Bangladesh is one of the riskiest country for earthquakes in the
world. The major faults in and around Bangladesh have history of
causing earthquake and recent seismic activities indicate that these
faults might become activated any time. We are creating the poster
so that we can aware people through this about the up coming earthquake on the natural disaster and they can prepare themselves for such kind of situation.
Mainly earthquake happen common form huge lines of faults
all across the world.
Earthquake can not be predated, although scientists are
working on it.
Earthquake can felt over large areas although they usually
last less than one minute.
A sudden movement of the earths crust caused by the release of
stress accumulated along geologic faults or by volcanic
Most earthquake happen when two rock plates meet, crating
EARTHQUAKE SAFETY RULES:
If you are in home:
* Don’t use lift for getting down from building.
* Be prepared to move with your family.
If you are shop, school, or office :
* Don’t run an exit.
* Take cover under a disk/table.
* Move away form window glass.
* Do not go near electric point and cable. Keep
away from weak portion of the building and
If you are outside :
* Avoid high buildings, walls, power lines and
other objects that could fall and create block.
* Don’t run though streets.
* If possible, move on to an open area away
from hazard including tress.
If you are in vehicle :
* Stop in a safe open place.
* Remain inside vehicle.
* Close window, doors.
AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE:
* keep calm, switch on the transistor radio and obey instructions.
* Keep away form because and low banks of river. A huge wave my sweeping.
* Do not reenter badly damaged buildings and do not go near damage structures.
* Turn off the water gas and electricity.
* Do not smoke, light match or use a cigarette lighter.
* Do not turn on switches there may be gas leak or short circuit.
* If there is any fire, try to put it out call fire brigade.