Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
1000 splendid suns
Transcript of 1000 splendid suns
women's hopsital was run down and broke ethnocentrism: the belief that one's culture is right or good.
Taliban Laila's dream- Tariq
children were treated equally Laila's teacher Rasheed and Jalil
put on a good facade and betrayed the women perspective- different countries
and cultures One of the Taliban judges at Mariam's trial tells her, "God has made us different, you women and us men. Our brains are different, you are not able to think like we can. Western doctors and their science have proven this." What is the irony of this statement? How is irony employed through the novel? They are relying on Western doctors
and science and at the same time they
are relying on female doctors. The doctor's said that they were different. That doesn't mean that the they said the men were more intelligent. Nana always told Mariam to endure. In the end, Mariam could no longer withstand her living conditions with Rasheed and she snapped. She wasn't able to allow Laila get beat.