Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cold War - How did the Space Race affect American culture between 1947 until 1964?
Transcript of Cold War - How did the Space Race affect American culture between 1947 until 1964?
1955 both sides begin building ballistic missiles
1957 USSR launches Sputnik
1961 Yuri Gagarin orbits the Earth
1969 Armstrong and Aldrin land on the moon
At this Point the Soviet economy cannot afford to continue. Effects of the Space Race on America Large impact on popular culture, space becomes the new frontier, even Walt Disney supports it People want homes in space or on the moon and believe space travel will soon be commercialized Car designs become influenced by aviation and space travel Growing desire for private aviation and utilitarian flying transportation Current Day NASA taking budget cuts and the final space shuttle mission is scheduled Government funding of space ventures waning Private efforts like Virgin Galactic are the future of space travel Communism is almost completely finished except for hybrid regimes like China Wernher Von Braun built rockets for space exploration but they were used for warfare