Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
puffer fish life cycle info
Transcript of puffer fish life cycle info
- The female puffer fish lays between three to seven eggs ( after the male puffer has guided the female to shore)
- Then the eggs stay on the top of the water for about a week before they hatch.
-This shell will crack and fall off and the tail and fins etc. can then grow properly.
- Once the baby puffers are big enough, they swim deeper into the water and go make friends in their new community.
-These baby puffer fish are not fully developed when they hatch and so they have a hard shell that gives them protection until their limbs have started to grow.
- The female puffer will lay her eggs on some slate or rock for the male to guard.
- In about an hour the eggs will float near the top of the water.
- After that, the female will leave and the male will stay on guard
- this video shows how dangerous a puffer fish can be .
- The male will watch the eggs for a week before the eggs hatch.
puffer fish habitat
- The puffer fish lives in tropical locations such as Hawaii and Bali
- They live and breed there for life and are also spotted in the Great Barrier Reef.
- They live in the rivers as well and breed on shore
- When the puffer fish are born they are 2.5cm long