Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
puffer fish life cycle info
Transcript of puffer fish life cycle info
- The female puffer fish lays between three to seven eggs ( after the male puffer has guided the female to shore)
- Then the eggs stay on the top of the water for about a week before they hatch.
-This shell will crack and fall off and the tail and fins etc. can then grow properly.
- Once the baby puffers are big enough, they swim deeper into the water and go make friends in their new community.
-These baby puffer fish are not fully developed when they hatch and so they have a hard shell that gives them protection until their limbs have started to grow.
- The female puffer will lay her eggs on some slate or rock for the male to guard.
- In about an hour the eggs will float near the top of the water.
- After that, the female will leave and the male will stay on guard
- this video shows how dangerous a puffer fish can be .
- The male will watch the eggs for a week before the eggs hatch.
puffer fish habitat
- The puffer fish lives in tropical locations such as Hawaii and Bali
- They live and breed there for life and are also spotted in the Great Barrier Reef.
- They live in the rivers as well and breed on shore
- When the puffer fish are born they are 2.5cm long