Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Student Motivation Presentation
Transcript of Student Motivation Presentation
7th Grade, Special Education Teacher
Dirksen Jr. High
Using Movie Previews
The Survey & Results
Reading Motivation Strategy & Research
"Teaching Popular Culture
to Diverse Students in Secondary
English Classrooms: Implications
for Literacy Development"
"Using Pop Culture to
Aid Literacy Instruction"
to what is going on in their world.
"...[pop culture is] a part of students' everyday literacies and they tend to hold powerful and personal meaning for students."
"[using pop culture helps] students acquire and develop the academic and critical literacies needed to succeed in new century schools.
1. Students will be able to identify types of genres.
2. Students will be able to apply appropriate previewing skills to pick out books they will enjoy.
Connection = Movie Previews