Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
WELCOME TO JAG
Transcript of WELCOME TO JAG
JAG- JOBS for America's Graduates
Where am I from?
There is a lake in the town
There is a casino nearby.
What’s my maiden (before I got married) name?
My hometown is WAGNER, SD.
* Enrolled Yankton Sioux Tribal member
What Nationality/Race am I?
Who is in my family?
How many brothers and sisters do I have?
3 brothers Luke-30, Raul-27, Jose-26
1 sister Lizeth-21
My parents are:
Evelyn- lives in Wagner, SD
Jose- Lives in Gilbert Arizona
Am I married?
YES! October 1, 2011 to Cullen Iverson
Mr. Iverson and Me
What are some of my favorites?
Pizza, chili, fry bread, Jalapenos, Sushi!
Grimm, HGTV, Big Brother
Dumb & Dumber, The Dark Knight Rises
What did Vanessa look like in 7th grade?
What did Vanessa look like in 8th grade?
Where did I go to college?
The University of South Dakota- Vermillion, SD
Health Sciences- Bachelor's Degree, BS
Will be finished with my Master's degree in May!
Played basketball at USD! Go YOTES!!
Who are you?
2 Email address if you know
3 What do you want to do when you grow up?
4 Has anyone in your family gone to college or any schooling after high school?
6 What are you looking forward to in JAG?
7. What do you want to know about JAG?
Live above the Line
What will be covered?
Who you are
What your interests are in:
Personality, and jobs
You will be doing many team building activities.
Expectations and Guidelines
WORKING TOGETHER- You will work as a group or with a partner on a regular basis. YOU are expected to have an open heart and mind. Ex: working with others In work place
Class Participation: A majority of what you do is classroom work. Your participation affects your grade. This can be the most fun you have ever had in a class, but I need you to come with a positive attitude and energy and willing to participate.
LANGUAGE (YOUR WORDS)
Consequences to the FORBIDDEN WORDS:
10 pushups- if you do not do them, someone else in the room can do them. If they do not get done. Everyone will pay the consequence and you will all come in before or after school to make up the minutes=pushups;
EX: if you said "shut up" twice=20 pushups=20 mins.
G word, F word, R word, Stupid
All individual basis and you will write why you said it and spend time with me or ISS.
1. We will not bully others.
2. We will try to help students who are bullied
3. We will try to include students who are left out.
4. If we know that somebody is being bullied, we will tell an adult and an adult not at school.
*You are a leader by being in JAG> It is your responsibility and choice to stay out of drama and bullying. You are seen as a leader now. Step up and help others. DONT" GO BELOW THE LINE.
MY DESK AREA IS OFF LIMITS TO YOU.
If you need something that is not on the shelf- just ask :)
LOOK AROUND THE ROOM. THerE is beAutiful arT work fROm all AgEs oF stUDEnts. PLEASSSEEEE REspeCt everythinG and do NoT mess wITH any of IT !!!! Each piece is vErY SpecIAL To MEe.
My Desk Area
1. We will go out the door.
2. Turn Right
3. Turn in the first hallway by the bathrooms
4. Go through the double doors
5. and on to outside
WE WILL STAND AS A CLASS, NOT BY OUR FRIENDS. DO NOT GOOF AROUND=consequences
1 out the door
2 turn left
3 go down to the high school study hall room
Please keep your phones in your pocket and on silent.
if I see it:
1. I will nicely ask you to put it away
2. If I see it again, I will take it until the end of the class period
3. Third time you will go hang out with Mr. Petry and tell him why you can't stay off your phone.
GUM, CANDY, Food, Liquids
On occasion you are allowed to bring snacks to class and I will bring snacks for you.
Please don't abuse this.
Be respectful. If you bring something to class you will only be able to eat it if you have enough to share with everyone.
**ALL WRAPPERS AND MESS MUST MAKE IT TO THE TRASH. THIS WILL RESULT IN NO SNACKS, AND after hours consequences
1. WE ARE A TEAM
2. We are leaders now
3. EVERYTHING WE DO IN CLASS WILL HELP you become a better person.
4. ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS> BE CURIOUS.
5. NEVER FEEL sica for wanting to ask a question.
6. WE MAKE MISTAKES IN HERE
7. WE ENCOURAGE EACHOTHER
8. We have huge hearts full of love- So always help EACHOTHER in and outside of class.
9. DO NOT THINK YOU ARE TOO COOL, That will get you no where in here and in life.
10. LETS HAVE A BLAST!
Negative attitudes and negative energy will not be apart of our classroom.
If you are placed below the line more than twice a day, there will be consequences.
BE CURIOUS, MAKE MISTAKES. They are tolerated- that’s how we grow.
ABSOLUTELY NO NAME CALLING> or making fun of!
IF I HEAR: STUPID or DUMB- You will go below the line and have a consequence.
DAYS I WILL BE GONE
I am working on my Masters and drive to Vermillion- USD two times a week this semester. TUESDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS I am gone:
7th: you will have a sub- I expect you to be respectful and I do not want to hear about bad attitudes- THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!
8th: You will go to PE - Mr Davies has a roster and you will check in with him. Being absent will get you ISS.