Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ORGANIZATION FOR TAX POLICY PLANNING AND TAX ADMINISTRATION
Transcript of ORGANIZATION FOR TAX POLICY PLANNING AND TAX ADMINISTRATION
Tax Policy Planning
Resolves primary questions such as who or what is to be taxed, the amount of the tax and for what purpose
Organization for Tax Policy Planning
THE JOINT LEGISLATIVE- EXECUTIVE TAX COMMISSION (JLETC)
-1959 Congress enacted Republic Act No. 2211 and purpose is to:
1. To undertake a comprehensive study of the need for additional revenue
2. To re-examine the existing tax system and tax policy
3. To conduct researches on taxation
4. To pass upon all tax measures and revenue proposals
5. To recommend such reforms or revisions on tax system
Tax proposals presented to the Congress by the Commission come from any of the following sources:
a.) The Tax Commission itself
b.) Congressional Committees
c.) Office of the President
d.) Other government agencies such as BIR and Bureau of Customs
e.) The Private sector
Attempts at Comprehensive Revision:
The Bureau of Customs
The general duties, power and jurisdiction of Bureau of Customs:
Assess and collect lawful revenues from imported articles and all other dues, fees, charges, fines and penalties accruing under the Tariff and Customs Laws
Prevent and suppress smuggling and frauds upon the Customs
THE DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
Is the financial administrator of the Philippine government.
Tax Enforcement/ Administration
Relates to the tasks of implementing tax laws by actually collecting from those subject to tax the amount due the government offers
2 major steps:
Assessment and imposition of tax liability
Collection of the tax
Since 1959, the commission has been occupied with multifarious activities
People want vis-à-vis tax matters
The commission undertook a comprehensive revision of the Tax Code in1965
Consolidated Tax Code of Bill in 1969
Now Republic Act No. 6110
Supervision and control over the handling of foreign mail arriving in the Philippines, for the purpose of collecting lawful duty on the dutiable articles thus imported and prevent smuggling through the medium of such mails
Supervise and control all import and export cargoes landed or stored in piers, terminal facilities, including container yards and freight stations; and
Exercise exclusive jurisdiction over seizure and forfeiture cases under the Tariff and Customs laws.
1. Supervise and control the financial affairs and financial agencies of local governments.
2. Initiate and formulate fiscal policies, taking into consideration the broad economic objectives being pursued by the government.
3. Study and recommend to the president of the Philippines, the issuance of bonds to finance public works and projects for economic development.
Bureau of Internal Revenue