Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Pure Substances and Mixtures
Transcript of Pure Substances and Mixtures
Pure Substance: Contains only one kind of particle.
The particles in a pure substance can consist of single atoms or groups of atoms.
Pure substances are very difficult to find in nature because they are always mixing with other pure substances to make mixtures. Most of the pure substances that you encounter in your daily life have been made by people through refining.
All samples of pure substances have the same properties.
Properties of Gold:
Melting point = 1,064 °C
Boiling point = 2,970 °C
Density = 19.32 grams per cubic centimeter
Mixtures: Contain two or more pure substances. They can be any combination of solids, liquids, or gases.
Elements: Pure substances that cannot be broken down into any other pure substances.
Compound: Pure substances that are made of two or more different elements.