Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
One child policy in china
Transcript of One child policy in china
The one child policy limits Chinese families to have only one child.
China fast facts
- China has about 1.35 billion people
- China is also known as People's Republic of China
- It is the 3rd biggest country in the world
- The Great Wall of China is the longest man-made
- The Yangtze river is the 4th longest river in the world
- The main religion in China is Buddhism
- China has the most pollution in the world
-Most of the world's products are made in China
Why was the One child policy made?
The one child policy was made in China because there were too many people in China, and they didn't have enough food supply for everybody. Housing was also a problem, because there was not enough space for everybody.
Who made the one child Policy
The Chinese Communist Party introduced the one child policy. They became the new government after Mao Zedong's death.
Where and when was it made?
China’s One Child policy came into effect in 1979, three years after Mao Ze Dong's death. China was the only country to adopt this policy, and today it is still remains the only one. The communist party leadership created the policy in Beijing.
China's main aim is to control population growth so that its large population can be supplied with facilities such as healthcare, education, housing etc. Another main aim was to reduce poverty and to improve overall quality of life in China.
One child policy
This was very effective, and it has prevented an estimated 400 million births in China already.
While the one child policy helped controlling population growth, it created another problem, which is the aging population.
It has also been proven that China is the fasest ageing population in the world.
In China, the population of people under 14 has decreased and the population above 65 years old has increased rapidly.
How does the government control the one child policy?
Married couples have to apply for a permission to have a child
Every women is regularly inspected to see if she is pregnant
Women who are pregnant without permission could be forced to abort the child
Birth control pills
Couples who have more than one child have to pay a high fine.