Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Persuasion
Pathos is an emotional appeal; when one uses sadness, excitement, longing, humor, happiness or other emotion to get what one wants.
Often lacking facts or disregarding opposing opinions, it is a strong appeal with weak reasoning!
Ethos is establishing ethical behavior or good character...
oftentimes relying on a professional or celebrity to make a point or appeal even though they might not have expertise on the subject.
Logos is where we got the English word logic. This is when people use facts and logical reasoning to persuade.
You have to be careful with logic as someone might only give you one sided information (biased).
Think for yourself, and
weigh the evidence!
Trying to get people to do what you want or to think the way you want them to think.
You will find persuasion used in discussions
(an argument is a reason not a fight)
and in most artistic endeavors.