Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What Are Stem Cells?
Transcript of What Are Stem Cells?
Embryonic- Embryonic stem cells originate from eggs that have been fertilized in vitro, which means they have not been fertilized in a woman's body.
Umbilical Cord- Umbilical cord stem cells come from the umbilical cord of a new born baby. The cells are slightly underdeveloped so they are able to progress into other types of cells.
What is the purpose of stem cells? http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/tech/stemcells/ Courtesy of: http://www.xcell-center.com/media/7679/stem_cell_specialisation.jpg Courtesy of: http://www.stemcellsforhope.com/images/StemPic1-small.JPG