Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Big Ideas Fall 2014 Information Session
Transcript of Big Ideas Fall 2014 Information Session
The Big Ideas Contest is an annual
aimed at providing funding, support, and encouragement to interdisciplinary teams of undergraduate and graduate students who have “big ideas” aimed at solving important social challenges.
1. Clean & Sustainable Energy Alternatives
2. Conflict & Development
3. Creative Expression for Social Justice
4. Food System Innovations
6. Improving Student Life
7. Information Technology for Society
8. Mobiles for Reading
9. Open Data for Development
10. Scaling Up Big Ideas (past winners only)
What Have Past Winners Done?
Designed equipment to turn the camera of a standard cell phone into a diagnostic-quality microscope
Created opportunities for students to participate in meaningful service activities
Engineered water purification systems
Thursday, November 13,
2014 at 12PM noon (PST)
Full Proposals Due
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Full Proposal Stage
in early December
& all participants receive feedback from judges
Finalists paired with Big Ideas mentors
How Are Pre-proposals Judged?
Phillip Denny & Jenna Hahn
People's Choice Video Contest Opens
Notification of Awards
Grand Prize Pitch Day
May 2, 2014
creativity = 40%
addresses a pressing social issue = 20%
Info Sessions: 9/9 & 10/9
Writing Workshops: 10/22 & 11/3
Idea Generation Dinner: 10/20
Editing Blitz: 11/12
Office Hours with Big Ideas Advisors: ongoing!
To schedule an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
realistic one-year budget = 10%
project viability = 10%
professional quality = 10%
preliminary budget (1st year only) = 10%
category specific question = 10%