Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Expository Text Structures
Transcript of Expository Text Structures
Cause & Effect
How is it Organized?
expository text again?
Expository text is informational non-fiction writing that defines, describes, or explains.
Problem & Solution Compare & Contrast
Cause & Effect Descriptive
Chronological Order Sequential
answer, solve, etc.
Used to order events based on time.
Used whenever the author wants
to explain how something happens.
Usually used in step-by-step instructions.
step 1, step 2, step 3, first, second, etc.
When the author makes a
statement and then backs it
up with several details.
Used when the author wants to explain how one event leads to another.
cause, effect, as a result,
consequently, so, etc.
The Art of Information
Expository text is written with different text structures.
Text Structures---> Organize Information
So, what are the text structures?
Indicators: one reason, for example, such as, uses descriptions and details, etc.
Problem & Solution
How are apples
How are oranges different from apples?