Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The Crucible
by Arthur Miller
Forbidden to read anything other than the Bible
Forbidden to participate or indulge in anything enjoyable
Strict and somber way of life
Indians were considered to be dangerous heathens hiding in the wilderness
Where the Devil was thought to live!
Combined state political power and religious power
The Essential Questions
Where do we draw the line between public safety and individual freedom?
What modern "witch trials" exist in our society, locally, nationally or globally? What can we do to stop them?
This piece of literature reflects the events of Salem, Massachusetts in 1692,
but on a larger scale is also a commentary on the period in our political history when
Joseph McCarthy sparked mass hysteria by believing communism existed in the United States
and ultimately falsely accused about 500 hundred people of being involved in Communist activities.
deputy governor Danforth
Wait- Isn't this the same as holy?
Yes, in a Theocracy it is.