Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Roaring 20s
Transcript of The Roaring 20s
- Lined Sheet
- I can describe the Roaring 20s
Table of Contents
Page: Roaring 20s
What issues did John Adams deal with as president?
Roaring 20s Context
- Industrial Revolution, Progressivism & WWI created an economic boom
- Rest of the world in a depression
- Culture changing from agrarian to urban
- Fundamental shift in cultural & values
- 1920 women get the right to vote
- Fought for by Susan B. Anthony, Alice Paul, Ida B. Wells & others
- 18th amendment banned alcohol
- Mostly ineffective
- Huge increase in crime
- During WWI, many women had to work in factories
- Did not want to give up jobs/independence
- Called "flappers"
- First time many Americans had expendable income
- Baseball, Boxing, Jazz, Movies
Letter to a Teacher
Write a letter to a teacher as if you were a person in the Roaring 20s.
Explain it to them.