Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Secrets of College Success
Transcript of The Secrets of College Success
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
4 simple tips to manage your time
1. Use a Calendar!
Independent, autonomous, successful students empowered for personal and professional life.
DID YOU KNOW?
....Research shows that it takes an estimated 15 minutes of concentration to reach "FLOW", a highly productive state of mind where work is accomplished. Any interruptions in the 15 minutes leading up to flow and the clock resets.
*Source: DeMarco, Tom, & Timothy Lister. Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams. New York, NY: Dorset House Pub. Co., 1987.
That seems easy enough. Any more secrets?!?
(It's that simple! Paper, electronic, google, outlook- find one that works best for you!)
2. Write things down!
(Want to accomplish extraordinary things? Write to remember!)
3. Plan, plan, plan!!
(Plan academic, social, and personal tasks and goals. Create a semester calender broken into two week segments with a daily task list.)
Execution is critical!
BUT DON'T FORGET THE CRUCIAL STEP!
Secret #2: Manage Your Time!
Secret #3: Read!!
(Writing is remembering!)
Secret #4: Write, Write, Write!
Ready For a Secret?
Secret #1: You need a place that helps you in....
Secret #5: Avoid the Plague of Procrastination!
4 Simple Tips On Reading
1. Find a way of note-taking that works for you.
2. Review your notes within 24 hours of taking them.
studies indicate that you could retain up to 80% of the information for a test!
1. Read in a quiet place without distractions.
2. Read when your mind is fresh.
3. Survey the text BEFORE you read.
4. Determine how much and how long you will read before starting. Don't overdo it!
4 simple tips For Note taking
Use different colored pens for difference concepts, read notes aloud, make maps- do what works for you.
3. Use your notes as study guides.
Makes sense, right?
4. Learn how to grab main ideas and write fewer notes!
You can leaves spaces to fill in details later!