Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Heat Transfer: Conduction, Convection, and Radiation
Transcript of Heat Transfer: Conduction, Convection, and Radiation
Heat Transfer Types:
1. Why do you think the popsicle melts?
2. Can you see the transfer of heating?
3. Is there any others examples of heat transfer you can think of in life?
Describe how heat is transferred through conduction, convection and radiation.
When you hold a
popsicle, you are
from your body
to the popsicle.
Real- Life: "I BET YOU DIDNT KNOW??"
The transfer of heat (Thermal energy) from one object to the next through direct contact.
Heat travels through the objects starting from where the heat touches.
Examples: popsicle melting in your hand and pot on the stove,
How does conduction
help you in real life?
The transfer of heat through the
a liquid or a gas.
The particles in a liquid or a gas becomes more dense as you heat it.
What are some
more examples of
The transfer of heat through empty space in electromagnetic (EM) waves.
No direct contact
Examples: heating lamp, microwave, The Sun
What are some
How do you think life would be different if heat did not transfer as easy?