Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ragtime: The sound of Urbanization
Transcript of Ragtime: The sound of Urbanization
of Urbanization Three main ideas Jazz Musicians
Influences Scott Joplin
(1868-1917) Jazz Musicians Jelly Roll Morton Euble Blake Joesph P. Johnson Guitar Drum Piano Instruments Kept a steady rythm Strong and simplistic Also known as the
"honkey-tonk" It would change
the speed and
sharpness of the music Not necessarily
associated with ragtime
,but became popular around
this time period Ragtime is a style of American music having
rhythm, popular from about 1890 to 1915 What is Ragtime? End of slavery Causes of Ragtime First time African
Americans were allowed to
compose music After Ragtime 1,750,000 African American
people abonded the South in 1910 to 1940 as part of the the great migration, looking for a better life! Video's 1890-1900 What type of clothes did they wear? 1900-1910 1910-1920 1920-1930