Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Empathy Circles
Lidewij Niezink, PhD
Stepping out of reactivity into intentionality.
Behavioral intentions predict intentional behavior.
I am willing to empathize:
from ultimate (society/ culture)
to specific (in this circle).
Self-Compassion: extremely important for emotion regulation.
Mindfulness / Open awareness
Meta-cognition: the ability to know that we know, to observe that we think.
Empathy evolved through
We like others better when they mimic us.
Mirroring increases pro-social orientation.
Mirror Neuron System
Up and running!
Better Emotion Regulation.
Communicates interest and commitment in understanding the other.
Less negative affect
Cognitive empathy / Theory of Mind (ToM) or Mentalizing
How does she feel?
How would I feel if I was him?
The ability to represent and understand the mental states of others.
Story telling / Role play / Fantasizing
Arising in the moment,
A feeling of belonging due to the circle process.
Tapping into motivational system.
signaled by arousal.
Blowing our intention into the world
A Factor for Change
Want to know more?