Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Creating Shared Value
Transcript of Creating Shared Value
The concept of shared value can be defined as policies and operating practices that enhance the company while simultaneously advancing the economic and social conditions in the communities in which it operates. Not all profit is equal. Profits involving a social purpose represent a higher form of capitalism, one that creates a positive cycle of company and community prosperity. Three ways to do this...
By reconcieving products and markets
By redefining productivity in the value chain
By enabling local cluster development The New Capitalist Manifesto by Umair Haque
Based on 5 foundational cornerstones that order, organize, and manage production and consumption from 20th century capitalism to 21st century capitalism:
- from value chains (as the means of production) to value cycles
- from value propositions (as the means of positioning) to value conversations
- from strategy (as the means of competition) to philosophies
- from protecting market-places (as the means of advantage) to 'completion'
- from inert, fixed goods (as the means of consumption) to 'betters' "Today's great challenge is not merely in creating book value, business value, or shareholder value, but in creating authentic economic value."
(Which Umair calls "thick value") In essence cross-fertilizing brilliant ideas, proven principles and technologies to build a Shared Value marketplace. A place for businesses, charities, governments, NGOs, volunteers, students, and consumers to exchange goods, services, expertise and ideas that
simultaneously create sustainable social progress AND economic profits. “Once we all take responsibility for our communities, philanthropy will cease to exist. Philanthropy is a bandaid, Shared Value is a sustainable cure.” Sustainable Success Criteria:
Customer Experience Case Study Examples Brilliant Ideas & Proven Principles:
Gamification... Piloted Projects:
CSR to CSV Mapping
CSV Performance Measurement Nespresso Initiative:
Problem - AAA grower scarcity in Central America
Cause - poor quality soil and insufficient washing of coffee beans
Solution - 180 training sessions (growing organic manure, daily bean washing, environmental guidelines)
Results: AAA growers went from 3400 to 5700 in 2 years and profits for the added 2300 growers by +3million Copyright © 2011 Dawna MacLean Consulting https://prezi.com/secure/e9e3025bb12662aba74a3c1ce2ee87a55e96d71d/ What would this look like?