Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PSA Meeting #3 October 22, 2015
Transcript of PSA Meeting #3 October 22, 2015
Monday: Don't Drugs Be Your Kryptonite (Superhero day)
Tuesday: Peace Out Drugs! (Tie-Dye Tuesday)
1. Debrief Blood Drive
2. Introduce Mock Trial
3. Debrief UC Davis Pre-Health Conference
4. Introduce Nursing Home Event
5. Red Ribbon Week
6. T-Shirt Design Voting Next Advocacy
7. Fundraiser for Popcorn
8. See's Candy Coming Soon
9. Additional Medical Opportunities
10. Blue Star Moms
- We got a lot of blood. But in all seriousness, it was very successful.
- Sophomores and juniors did an excellent job with execution alongside returning seniors.
- Debrief meeting for blood drive will be held on next Thursday in HP-2 from 3:11-3:45.
The Nursing Home con Tay Tay
- Donations for the elderly at the nursing home on Bruceville Terrace.
- Prizes for bingo and the upcoming Christmas season.
- The activities committee there have a very low budget and they would love to add a little more joy to the lives of the residents.
- Requested prizes:
Jewelry for women, beanies/hats, room decor ,and more jewelry (they have a passion for fashion)
-For every five items donated you can receive an hour of community service.
Mock Trial con Sam
Case: Kahn vs. Kahn (Domestic Violence)
November 4th: First Meeting
November 9th: Check in Meeting
December 3rd: Actual Trial
December 10th: The saga continues...
UC Davis Pre-Health Conference
- Super dooper fun!
- Most student went for two days and were able to attend workshops that related to all aspects of medicine, dentistry, nursing, and public health.
- We also got Panera!
- Personally, I was able to hear a nobel laureate, the CEO of Kaiser, a cardiothoracic surgeon from Stanford, a highly respected cardiologist from UC Davis, and the dean of Mayo Medical School speak. Woah!
PSA Meeting #3 October 22, 2015
- You can sign up to be a jury member anytime through the
- Please sign up at the end of the meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Red Ribbon Week Poster Making
Today in Advocacy! Come, come all! Make your vision a reality! I have example poster designs.
- Make sure you are selling your popcorn!
-We're selling during the fall season so the popcorn should arrive during Thanksgiving time.
- Help a friend out!
- Whichever class sells the most gets a cool prize.
See's Candy is coming soon!
(i.e next semester)
Blue Star Moms
- The freshmen are collecting donations. You may have already seen the boxes around classrooms.
- Make sure to donate and sign up for the packing party which is on:
Red Cross Event
- December 4-5th, the American Red Cross will
be installing 1000 fire alarms in low income neighborhoods.
December 4: Putting up tags
December 4: Installing alarms
- You can going if you're not in Red Cross Club but you
will have to go through some tasks.
- We need as many volunteers as possible!
Red Cross Certified!
At the next meeting I will get the calendar for sign up dates!
First Aid, AED, Babysitting
UGLY SWEATER RUN! :)
Saturday, December 12
Location: William Land Park
3800 South Land Park Drive
Tasks: checking in participants, passing out swag, handing out hot chocolate on the course, spreading holiday cheer, and much more!