Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sadaqah: The Proof Of Goodness
Transcript of Sadaqah: The Proof Of Goodness
SADAQAH is an optional and extra charity may be given any time in addition to Zakat. Muslims are encouraged by Allah, in the Holy Quran, to make these voluntary contributions to help the needy and the poor for other social and welfare purposes at any time of the year.
"Take Sadaqa from their wealth to purify and cleanse them and pray for them. Your prayers bring relief to them." (9:103)
Allah Almighty says, "If you conceal it, and give to the poor, that is better for you." (2:271). "And whatsoever you spend of anything (in Allah's Cause), He will replace it.'' (34:39)
There are six conditions governing the acceptance, in the sight of Allah, of spending in His way. These are:
1.Spend from halaal (lawful) belongings.
2. Spend according to the prescribed practice (Sunnah).
3. Spend in a proper place.
4. Do not remind of the favour after having done it.
5. Do nothing to insult the reciever.
6. Spend with sincerity of intention, exclusively for the good
pleasure of Allah Almighty, never doing it for the sake of name
and fame. [Ma'ariful Qur'an] According to one's resource capacity, one can win the pleasure of Allah even by spending a small quantity of wealth in His way Sadaqah is not restricted to giving part of our wealth or material possessions or any special deed of righteousness. Islam considers all good deeds as sadaqah that would increase our eeman: The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: “To smile in the company of your brother is charity. To command to do good deeds and to prevent others from doing evil is charity. To guide a person in a place where he cannot get astray is charity. To remove troublesome things like thorns and bones from the road is charity. To pour water from your jug into the jug of your brother is charity. To guide a person with defective vision is charity for you.” [Bukhari] 1. Sadaqah is a guaranteed investment.2. Sadaqah is a means of gaining barakah in your wealth.3. Sadaqah serves as a means of reaping continuous rewards after your death. “Those who spend their wealth for increase in self-purification, and have in their minds no favor from anyone for whom a reward is expected in return, but only the desire to seek for the Countenance of their Creator Most High; and soon will they attain (complete) satisfaction.” [Al-Layl, 92:18-21] 1. While Zakat is obligatory, Sadaqah is voluntary
2. There are certain conditions for giving Zakath and is only distributed to certain people. Zakath is also given once in every year. On the other hand, there are no preconditions for giving Sadaqah. It can be given to any people and at any time.
3. Zakath should not be given to ones descendants or antecedents. But Sadaqah can be given to the antecedents and descendants.
4. Zakath is not given to persons who are rich and who are able to make a living. On the contrary, Sadaqah can be given to any person, regardless if he is rich or strong.
5. Zakath cannot be given to one’s wife, but Sadaqah can be.
6. If a person owes Zakath, his heirs should have to pay it from his wealth. There is no such obligation with regard to Sadaqah. Zakah and Sadaqah BY RHNM.NWSHD &AZZAH HASSAN!