Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Preferred Name
Initial Conversations and Decision Points
Identify scope (students/faculty/staff)
SIS and other major systems
Hi! My Name is...(what?) My Name is...(who?) My Preferred Name is...
Middle States Association of Collegiate Registrars and Officers of Admission, 2014 Annual Conference
Presented by: Dr. Nicole Rovig, University Registrar, Michigan State University, and Vice President for Information Technology, AACRAO
What is preferred name?
Why use a preferred name?
Trends and Policies
Click on: "Policies and Procedures"
Review and Approval Process
SIS Data and Operations
Office of the Provost
disabling preferred name in existing systems
University data definitions
Nicole Rovig, Ph.D.
Michigan State University
Communication Plan and Roll Out
Just in time; no lead time required for academic units
Used existing communication channels
How did the roll out go?
Preferred name was a win-win-win project!
Practice cross-unit collaboration and enhance project management skills.
Capitalize on existing structures for guidance, decisions, and communicating.
Remember to review your academic policy.