Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Communication:
One Way To Create A Meaningful Environment
Think Pair Share
(Peer Group/ Whole Group)
"Communication is a skill that you can learn. It's like riding a bicycle or typing.
If you're willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life."
"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
George Bernard Shaw
Each team receives a set of question cards:
Student 1 holds question cards in a fan and says, “Pick a card, any card!”
Student 2 picks a card, reads the question aloud and allows 5 seconds of “think time”.
Student 3 answers the question.
Student 4 paraphrases [says in own words] and praises or coaches.
Students rotate roles one person clockwise for each new round.
Fan and pick
Show What You know!
"Getting to Know You"
Journal Writing & Share Time
The "Me" Bag
We need it today more than ever!
"It's true many of us don't exercise our face-to-face socialization muscles as frequently as we did before the age of smartphones."
But how much structure do students need? Shouldn't there be "free time" during the day?
This can be tailored to fit classroom needs, even conflict resolution.
Timed Pair Share
Mixed Pair Share
Too Noisy Pro
The class mixes until the teacher calls “pair.” Students find a partner to discuss the teacher’s question.
* Facilitate communication among students.
* Increase student vocabulary
* Increase ability to speak in complete meaningful sentences.
* Build student self-esteem and oral speaking ability
* Improve listening skills!
Please contact us for any resources:
- Rachael.email@example.com (Academic Pair Share)
(Academic Whole Group)